Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stop The Presses It's Expansion Time

Extra, Extra, Read all about it, BYU turned down an Invite to join the Big East. Extra, Extra, Read all about it, BYU turned down an Invite to join the Big Least...OR NOT.

While it's great to hear that a different name has popped up in BYU rather than the normal flavors of the week; UCF, Villanova, ECU, Houston and Memphis. Each had their time to shine yada yada but this BYU thing has been interesting-whether its true or not.

Where is the major Press at? Did everyone(including myself) really buy a 2 paragraph thingy in a BYU fan blog?

I can see why BYU would love a move to the Big East and why they would be hesitant at the same time. There are millions of Mormons on the East Coast for one. BYU could market their BYU TV to the Mormons on the East Coast a little easier for one. But at the same time, games against Nebraska, USC, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame would be more appealing to even me than say WVU, Pitt, UConn, and Cincinnati. (I say this as a Pitt fan)

I think everyone can admit that there was some talks between the Big East and BYU. BYU probably said "thanks but no thanks" or something along those lines. Like I said the last blog, if the Big East is serious, then these talks will continue until BYU says yes or gives a stern no. Nothing out there indicates to me that BYU gave a stern no yet.

Now if this flirtation with BYU is really over-and I don't think it is. What is next for the Big East?

I'd assume that we'd either stay at 9 or add 1 of the usual suspects like a Houston for now and call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment