Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What does Clairton have to do to gain respect.

 After reading 2 pieces(by Josh Funk and Josh Yohe) on the Bears, and a pick by Rich Emert of the Post Gazette against the Bears at Heinz, I must ask a ?, has anyone listented to any Aretha Franklin lately?!!!

What must the Bears do to gain respect?

Just look at some quick numbers for a second; after the first week of the season against Washington it took until midway through the 3rd Quarter of week 8 against Fort Cherry to give up any points. Not even a Special Teams TD, or a TD against the backups nor any Field Goals.

How are those numbers possible if this team is bored or complacent? I would think if this team was bored and/or complacent they would be giving up more points.

Ok fact is is that offense hasn't been as explosive as in past years. Can it be a little possible that some defenses in the league are getting a little better as well? For much of the game against Fort Cherry, the Rangers seemed to shut down the Bears run game. Whats wrong about giving a little credit to Fort Cherry, and Brentwood's defenses for not giving up as many points in past years? And despite those 2 games the Bears still are averaging 47 points a game.

I understand people are right to their opinions but how can anyone at this point pick against Clairton; whether its the WPIAL Title(Rich Emert of the PG) or the PIAA Title (Jeremy Verner and Josh Funk of Prep Sports Radio)

Clairton's has amassed 4 WPIAL Titles in the last 5 years(3 in a row) and 2 PIAA Titles in a row, and along this ride has a 40 game winning streak.

What will it take for some to say this team is legit? Could it take the Bears mercy ruling Rochester and Sto Rox for people to hop on board?

Here's a quote from one of the players on his feelings about the lack of respect towards the Bears;

"Damn, the newspaper that US... The clairton bears aren't as good as everyone thinks we are but not too many schools win back too back state titles and win 4 times straight down Heinz... #Disrespect"

But hell, let the naysayers; naysay. Y'all gave Clairton some beautiful bulletin board material, and lit a fire under the teams ass for sure. And with that said, I totally feel sorry for the Cornell Raiders because they are first up on the Bears agenda. And as former Wrestler Goldberg would say Springdale "You're Next".

On another note; I didn't contribute to Josh Funks piece in any form. If I had anything to do with it, I would've wanted to be quoted to plug my blog for traffic. And don't you think if I had anything to say, I would've simply wrote a piece myself.  And I'm not upset those 2 pieces was written. Heck if I had 2 guys from Southern Columbia giving me quotes and what not I'd write a piece about how they're not as good as people think they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment