Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pitt & Penn State Agree to a Home and Home






















Boy oh boy, when I got the news earlier today via text message from my cousin, I thought he was full of it. It is totally great to hear that this series will renew on September 16th 2016 at Heinz Field and then September 9th up in Happy Valley.

I must admit that I actually thought that I would never get to see this day. And I still think at this point in Pitt history WVU is a bigger game than PSU.

I've heard some people getting all upset that this isn't a long term series and their upset that PSU seems to indicate that this is just a filler series due to some fallout with University of Miami. I say SO WHAT to tell you the truth. We may see another 2 game series pop up in the coming years and need to be patient.

Now that this series is back I totally recommend that Pitt brings out those "Script" throwback uniforms. Even if its just for these 2 games, I don't care. This series is a long time coming and I'm just ready to see the 2 PA powerhouses hit the field against each other.


Here is the Press Release from the Pitt Athletic Department.

I think everyone needs to settle down and be happy that this series is happening. It may or may not be renewed again, so lets live in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment